New Design And Tweaked Tech Stack
I have been working on an off a polish/redesign of my static blog for a while now. I think I am done for now. I have shifted the tech stack a bit further and I am pleased with the result. The blog is now fully responsive, the markup is semantic and the templates are very neat and polished. For the curious here the updates:
Here is the technology platform this blog is now running on:
- Middleman as the beautiful static website generator with the blogging extension.
- Slim and Sass(indented version) for templating.
- Markdown with yaml headings for the blog posts.
- Bootstrap 3 for the grid, good sensible defaults and fully responsive classes.
- bootstrap-sass so that I can use semantic markup instead than plain bootstrap classes.
These are the reworked fonts:
- Alfa Slab One for the blog name.
- PT Sans for the subscripts and h3.
- Source Sans Pro for the post titles.
- Georgia for the bulk of the text content.
In all these I tried to limit the external services used and kept the count down to:
25 March 2014